Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 7 cryptocurrencies. Please contribute a bit today!
Severe Abuse
Clonazepam (Rivotril)
by Mdmaxtc
Citation:   Mdmaxtc. "Severe Abuse: An Experience with Clonazepam (Rivotril) (exp52228)". Erowid.org. May 9, 2008. erowid.org/exp/52228

repeated oral Pharms - Clonazepam (daily)

When in my freshmen year of college I found a way to obtain many benzodiazepines for .20$ a mg, I began to obtain very large quantities of rivotril (1000-1500MG) on a weekly basis. After about a year of this, I had become addicted and was taking large quantities, the largest I have ever heard of. By the end of my use I was up to 20MG-30MG a day. When I finally went to a rehabilitation centre, my doctor did not initially believe me.

I initially was taking doses of 1-2MG for desired affects. As this went on for years, my doses increased to 20-30MG. These doses were unheard of by anyone I have ever experienced. With the large doses came extremely harsh side effects. I had a feeling of my extremities 'going to sleep' at almost all times, severe problems sleeping, agitation at all times.

At the first doses I noticed a great loss of inhibition, drowsiness, muscle relaxation, increased aggitation and anger especialy when combined with alcohol, prolonged sleep periods. The effects were almost identical to alprazolam/xanax except the increased anger and agitation. Many of my friends noticed this as one of the more undesireable affects of the drug. I have also experienced and increase in prolonged affects, such as depressed feelings for 24-48 hours.

Detoxing and life after this large abuse are difficult. I have very poor circulation and the same loss of feeling in the extremities when my heart rate is increased.
I felt it was important to share this experience as I feel it is very unique and a good information source for people who feel benzos are a safer alternative to other drugs, as I thought. I feel long-term negative results of this prolonged and large addiction to a benzodiazepines.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 52228
Published: May 9, 2008Views: 28,939
Pharms - Clonazepam (125) : Post Trip Problems (8), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)