Needs Psychedelic Research
Periwinkle
by Aopocetx
Citation:   Aopocetx. "Needs Psychedelic Research: An Experience with Periwinkle (exp52089)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2006. erowid.org/exp/52089

repeated smoked Periwinkle (leaves)

I had read about Madagascar Periwinkle and found a few shaky references to it being used as a psychedelic drug. There is a large plant growing in my back yard so I decided to try it. One night, I got home around 4 AM and decided to light it up and see what happens. One hit, nothing. Two hits, third hit. Why is my couch rippling? I decided to stop right there and not push it. I definitely felt altered. Objects were rippling just a little.

The next day I tried it again with three leaves. Nothing. I tried it again with six leaves a couple weeks later and nothing. So obviously placebo has a big effect.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 52089
Published: Jun 16, 2006Views: 17,461
Periwinkle (351) : Alone (16), Retrospective / Summary (11)