Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Smoked BZP freebase
BZP & GBL
by Itsuoda
Citation:   Itsuoda. "Smoked BZP freebase: An Experience with BZP & GBL (exp5077)". Erowid.org. Feb 9, 2001. erowid.org/exp/5077

GBL
  T+ 1:00 50 mg smoked Piperazines - BZP (powder / crystals)

I got some bzp from a trusted source, in liquid (in aqueous ammonia). Not having, that evening, the time to convert it into HCl form, I decided to try smoking the dried out substance, after having ingested a regular dose of GBL, and feeling antsy for a stronger altered state.

So, I measured out 2ml, or roughly 2 grams of 1-BZP, put it on a small metal spoon, and placed a fan heater over it. After about 30 minutes, the solution dried to a hard white powder. I then loaded a bit less than 1/4 of this powder into a small pipe and tried smoking it. Two large hits of vile tasting chemical smoke sent me reeling, not into an altered space, but into fits of coughing and gasping for air. A few minutes later, I noticed a mild buzzyness overlay itself over the mellow fuzzyness of the GBL. Barely noticeable.

Given the terrible chemical taste of the smoke that seared its way into my throat and lungs, this wasn't really worth the effort. I may need to smoke more to achieve an effect, but I really don't think I could bring myself to do so.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 5077
Published: Feb 9, 2001Views: 18,154
BZP (101), GBL (89) : Unknown Context (20), Combinations (3), General (1)