Thinning Out Your Physical Library?
If you have books or periodicals about drugs, contribute them to Erowid!
Your old books will find a good home in our library or for a supporter. [details]
Bounce!
4-HO-DET
by Anony5000
Citation:   Anony5000. "Bounce!: An Experience with 4-HO-DET (exp50764)". Erowid.org. Jan 5, 2007. erowid.org/exp/50764

25 mg oral 4-HO-DET (capsule)

Material - Ethocin, 25 milligrams in a gelcap. The powder inside is fluffy and light brown.

Setting - My apartment.

Purpose - Entertainment and exploration.

0hr - Consume gelcap; this is my first time with this chemical. My partner also consumes gelcap; same dosage.

+1:00 - Nothing much. Some slight tryptamine awareness going on, but it's not developing to much.

+1:30 - Still barely anything. I start to wonder about the quality of the material. Partner is mostly sober too.

+2:00 - Partner and I quickly head up to a +2. Good vibes going, lots of laughing. We listen to some music and relax.

+2:30 - We both hit +3 territory; there are no visuals, no auditory hallucinations. This is very clear headed material, and very manageable despite how sketched we were. Me and my partner smoke cigarettes, relax, and chat.

+3:00 - Still very strong, still pretty clear headed. I ask my partner (an ex-acid fiend) about this drug: 'It is very much like LSD. Not too close to mushrooms at all. If you've done this drug at this dose, you could probably say you've tried acid too.'

+4:00 - We head to my partner's bedroom and lay down and cuddle and talk. It is very positive, and our communication is very open and sincere. This is wonderful stuff for deeper social exploration. We find ourselves forgetting what we are talking about sometimes, though, and then returning to it later. There are moments that seem very clear and sober and then moments that seem very much not a few minutes later; I nicknamed this 'bounce' at this point.

+6:00 - Chatting and cuddling. Great vibes. Still tripping hard, +3. We go outside for a little while to pick up some money from an ATM to pay a friend we owed who'd stop by. It's a little weird, but not too bad.

+8:00 - Heading downwards some now, we fell to +1 pretty slowly over a period of 2 hours or so. My partner remarks: 'This is better than acid in that the comedown isn't a trainwreck; it's energetic, but not hard on you. And, I guess the comedown is an important part of a drug. I like this.' We head to a convenience store and buy some food and cigarettes.

+9:00 - Still a little sketchy, but it's mostly gone. The rest is quickly leaving.

I really enjoyed this material; there's nothing spectacular about it, but there's also very little negative about it. I think I could deal with this drug in public and have a great time. For socializing and introspection, it is fantastic. It is very, very clean and clear headed. I would repeat at about the same dose or lower.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 50764
Published: Jan 5, 2007Views: 10,340
4-HO-DET (365) : General (1), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)