It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
It's a Wonderful World
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Jay
Citation:   Jay. "It's a Wonderful World: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (ID 50569)". Erowid.org. May 15, 2006. erowid.org/exp/50569

DOSE: 12.5 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

First thing-Im a 16 year old guy in the US, and on several anti-depressants, but they have no effect on the Ambien. The trips were the same before and after the other pills. Anyway, my parents administer the pill to me, and make sure I swallow, which brings me to the first good aspect of ambien-it has this perfect coating that allows it to sit in my mouth for up to 15 minutes while eating, drinking, talking, ect. All I have to do is slide it in between my upper lip and front teeth and let it sit. I can open my mouth wide and it still looks empty.

Now, as for the actual effects, I would classify this pill as a 'mood enhancer' when taking the normal dose. If I feel real shitty, it wont help as much, but if I am normal, bored, that sort of thing, it upps my mood, motivates me, but in a relaxed sort of way. The best word I can think of for it is 'fluid'

Taking more than the perscribed dose, say double, causes me to become somewhat unbalenced, like I had just had 3 or 4 drinks, but I get to keep the mental clarity. I become VERY creative, and all sorts of amazing plans fly through my head. With the double dose, there is a definite euphoric feeling, and I REALLY enjoy whatever it is I'm doing. Good for boring school classes.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 50569