Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
The Choice You Make
Buprenorphine
by Cnot
Citation:   Cnot. "The Choice You Make: An Experience with Buprenorphine (exp49364)". Erowid.org. May 15, 2006. erowid.org/exp/49364

sublingual Pharms - Buprenorphine

I am 26 years old and have had experience with bupe (2-14mg) for four years on and off. After having no success with other detox or programs I started bupe in 2001. After an adjustment period of a few weeks where my head still wanted heroin I then just stopped wanting to get heroin. The truth is the bupe simply stops my needing and even wanting to get stoned.

I still believe now what I did then that bupe is a miracle. With a little effort bupe can be a catalyst to a good life. The withdrawal from bupe is not hard and certainly not worse that heroin and nothing compared to methadone. After one year of bupe at 10mg daily I found the detox only took 3 days and then I was fine, quicker and easier than heroin. My problem has been that I kept stopping the bupe and going back to using because I'm greedy. But I have just done yet another bupe detox and right now am not using.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 49364
Published: May 15, 2006Views: 23,079
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Medical Use (47), Glowing Experiences (4), Not Applicable (38)