Realistic Dreams
Absinthe
by Herman Smythe
Citation:   Herman Smythe. "Realistic Dreams: An Experience with Absinthe (exp49329)". Erowid.org. Mar 26, 2018. erowid.org/exp/49329

9 shots oral Absinthe (liquid)
  6 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

After reading about Absinthe on the internet I was highly curious. I shelled out more than $100 to get a bottled shipped here to the USA. I am not wealthy, just extremely curious. Let me tell you my one mistake: I bought Parisian and not Bohemian Absinthe. The difference is that Parisian is flavored with Anise seed. I had no idea what anise seed was until I drank it. Turns out that anise is what gives black licorice its flavor. I can eat or drink damn near anything BUT black licorice! YUK!

Anyways afetr 4 or 5 double shots of this stuff mixed with spring water and a sugar cube I was gagging but, not really high. I was fairly drunk feeling though and I had a 6-pak of beer or more each of the two times I drank it.

What I DID get out of Absinthe both times was fascinating. My dreams when I crashed were extremely real. To give you an idea of how real let me explain something. I have an intense imagination, I remember virtually all of my dreams, and usually I know when I am dreaming and have even controlled them many a time. I have also successfully created lucid dreams on several occasion. During these Absinthe induced dreams I knew I was dreaming. It was almost like an experiment as I touched wallpaper and bathroom towels noticing how real they felt. It was amazing! The second time I was kissing a girl I had known in school and it was so incredibly real I felt as though I had been unfaithful to my wife. I don't know if this will happen for everyone dreaming but, for me it was incredible.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 49329
Published: Mar 26, 2018Views: 293
Absinthe (4) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)