Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $250 +, support accurate drug info, and get a
beautiful Huichol yarn painting, made by local artists in Mexico.
They're fabulous gifts! (8, 12 & 24 inch sizes available.)
Parsimony Overload
4-HO-DiPT
by Psychonautical
Citation:   Psychonautical. "Parsimony Overload: An Experience with 4-HO-DiPT (exp48843)". Erowid.org. Jul 24, 2006. erowid.org/exp/48843

100 mg oral 4-HO-DiPT

[Erowid Note: The dose described in this report is very high, potentially beyond Erowid's 'heavy' range, and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

The most unusual thing was it lasted a very long time. Instead of two hours, it lasted at least eight hours and I did not fully recover until a full night's sleep. I was starting to think it might never completely wear off.

I started off with a much lower dose, but after an hour it did not seem like much was happening. I then was somewhat reckless and took all 100mgs I had acquired. Perhaps my physiology is just different that it acts slower, and lasts longer on me than others. I'm no expert so I can't be sure.

It was fairly intense though I have tripped more intensely in my life. The visuals were quite bizarre. One notable effect is things appear to change tint and color. Odd patterns were also seen along with the occasional random images. The patterns are most vibrant with eyes closed.

As far as the random images go- they were brief and of the outline on the wall variety. Some seemed religious in nature and some were as discussed below.

One of the most disturbing was hallucinating shadows of other faces looking at me. The most realistic was some sort of gory eye visual that would flash by occasionally with my eyes shut. It is very hard to describe.

Mentally, I had the delusion that I had died and come back. I also felt as if there were three realities I was warping between as the tints and colors changed. Text on the screen at times seemed to fade in and out.

Next day, there was no noticeable hangover but I did feel somewhat depressed. I consider myself lucky as I took way more than I should have of a substance that is not commonly used. There was no telling what the effects might have been and I suggest others stay well below that threshold.

I tend to have a high tolerance for substances in general. It takes more of them to get me high than most people so this was probably also a factor.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 48843
Published: Jul 24, 2006Views: 6,938
4-HO-DiPT (281) : Alone (16), Depression (15), General (1)