Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Drug of Choice
Oxycodone (Roxicet)
by Katkibble
Citation:   Katkibble. "Drug of Choice: An Experience with Oxycodone (Roxicet) (exp4785)". Erowid.org. Oct 27, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4785

5.0 mg insufflated Pharms - Oxycodone (ground / crushed)
  T+ 1:45 5.0 mg insufflated Pharms - Oxycodone (ground / crushed)

I have tried in the past only weed, alcohol, and unfortunatly an extremely bad expirience with Coricidan (DXM)

My family is prone to hurting themselves, so we have always had some percocet lying around for one reason or another. It is an effective painkiller, but I had never tried to use it recreationally before and have never had the nice effects that happened when I finally did.

I had a bad day at work, and was turned down for a night of hair-bleachin' fun by a very close friend/love of mine, so I was feeling kind of blue. I really wanted to get stoned, but wasnt in the mood for the paranoia and I didn't have anything to drink. So i looked in the pantry and found I still had 4 roxicet tablets left. I had heard that they could be snorted, and I was feeling adventurous, so I grabbed one. I didn't want to do too much, I try to be safe...

I ground the pill down into a fine powder. It turned out to be very light and soft. I poured it out onto a CD case, cut two lines, rolled up a twenty, and snorted it. The slight irritation of snorting was nothing as bad as I had heard from friends who do coke and K. About 10 minutes later, I began to feel very relaxed...I had slight perceptual changes, and walking was very fun. After about 15 minutes, I was happy and warm and felt all my problems could be dealt with..but I was also very clearheaded and aware. There were no negative side effects, like paranoia or twitching. Just pure pleasentness...not euphoria exactly...just goodness.

I went upstairs and talked to my family for a littlw while. i felt very free and it was easy to talk to them. I was happy to be around people.
This lovely states continued for about 50 minutes...and then I began to slowly come down....it was barely noticable. It was easy and although I was relaxed I wasn't tired.

The effects finally wore off about an hour 1/2 after that. Unfortunatly, all i could think about was how nice that was, and I snorted another and went to my friend's house to chill.

The next day I had work again. My mind kept coming back to the fun of last nite, and as soon as I got home, I snorted another. I realized that prescription opiates would be easily addicting..so i decided not to do anymore that day. i still have one left and I'm waiting for the right time to take it. This is the nicest drug i have ever done, but i want to be careful...it's almost too attractive. Still, I'd call it my Drug of Choice.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 4785
Published: Oct 27, 2001Views: 71,616
Oxycodone (176) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)