Support Erowid Center with a $45 Donation
And get a blacklight-inked "Erologo" t-shirt!
How Many Guardians Do I Actually Want
Salvia divinorum & Meditation
by Chickade
Citation:   Chickade. "How Many Guardians Do I Actually Want: An Experience with Salvia divinorum & Meditation (exp47677)". Erowid.org. May 23, 2006. erowid.org/exp/47677

2 hits smoked Salvia divinorum (dried)

In need of guidance on a particular life issue, I decided to smoke some Salvia. I used to trip in the 60's, but have used meditation since then. I was out in the woods at night with my two dogs. I took one toke and the woods around me appeared somewhat strange. I took another toke and I felt like I was being drawn into another reality. The dirt bank across the stream appeared three dimensional, like the entrance to a temple. One of my dogs started to bark as if someone was present. I felt the presence too.

Not being prepared to enter another dimension, I began to sing my mantras to keep me anchored. The notes flowed together flawlessly. I called a protector, an avatar, Babaji. The space filled with another kind of energy, and my other dog started to bark. Then the vision went away.

Back at home I meditated in my back yard near my Datura Metel plant. A beautiful goddness appeared in place of the plant. She was exquisitely lovely with silver hair made of moonbeams- I thought it might be Datura, but then I understood that it was Salvia showing me that Datura can take many forms.

I had second thoughts about how many guardians I actually wanted, but felt that the potential of Salvia outweighs the risks.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 47677
Published: May 23, 2006Views: 8,394
Salvia divinorum (44), Meditation (128) : Entities / Beings (37), First Times (2), Alone (16)