Follow @Erowid on Twitter!
Not Used to It
Amitriptyline
by Druggy
Citation:   Druggy. "Not Used to It: An Experience with Amitriptyline (exp47558)". Erowid.org. Aug 21, 2007. erowid.org/exp/47558

150 mg IV Pharms - Amitriptyline (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: Intravenous (IV) injection of crushed pills/tablets can be very dangerous due to unknown substances, binders, and fillers present. Any substance injected directly into the blood stream should be very pure. Clean needles and medically appropriate techniques should be used to avoid serious injury or death.]

My first experience with Elavil was with my boyfriend, who is a druggy major. We were hanging out at this one guys house and he said he could hook us up with some Elavils. My boyfriend and I had never heard of them before so we asked more. He told us that they were downers and that we should just try because he didn't know because he had never taken them before.

Now I don't have that much experience with drugs, just like zannies and oxys, and weed and coke. But I was like alright lets try this thing. So we saw that there was wax around them so we licked the wax off and my mouth turned numb. Then we heated them down put them in the needle and stuck it in and all.

Minutes later I felt the most tired I had ever been in my life. I could not keep my head up for the life of me. I slowly lost consiousness and fell into a deep sleep. Hours later I woke up and was feeling pretty good. But then I came down. I came down really hard and felt like shit. I don't like Elavil, it's just a major downer and don't waste your money on it.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 47558
Published: Aug 21, 2007Views: 25,153
Pharms - Amitriptyline (165) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)