Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Trippy Visuals, Then Morning
Quetiapine (Seroquel)
by gonzowizard
Citation:   gonzowizard. "Trippy Visuals, Then Morning: An Experience with Quetiapine (Seroquel) (exp47377)". Erowid.org. Dec 17, 2020. erowid.org/exp/47377

50 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine (pill / tablet)

The day had come to a close. My nightly mountain of homework was conquered, and sleep was desperately needed to deal with the faceless crowd at college the next day. Sleep had been a luxury to me lately; no doubt due to the apparently sourceless neck pain I was experiencing.

A quick glance at the clock revealed that it was coming close to eleven. Almost 24 hours with no sleep. I curse the luck of living in New York state, where your cries of pain and anguish are responded to with stronger versions of useless painkillers. The doctors in this state are all bastards.

Lucky for me, I had a connection for Vicodin. A signal was sent out from my cell phone, only to be bounced back with no response. Rotten rat bastard, he's probably out drinking again. With the idea of pain relief out of my mind, I turned to my drug box.

Let's see: ether, pot, useless Celebrex, mushroom powder....ah, Seroquel! I remembered reading that Seroquel was quite good for sleep, and at this point, it was either this, or chug a tall glass of rum and wait to pass out.

The pills were devilishly small and deceiving, as I had read that too much can cause a brief bout of restless leg syndrome, and that was the last thing I needed. A pill was chopped in half to make two 50 mg doses, one of which was swallowed while the other was stashed away.

For twenty minutes, I waited for effects while reading a pirated book on my computer, when I started to notice a strange stretching across the middle of the screen, followed by small but noticeable cartoon like bouncing, as if my flatscreen were dancing in place to some far off beat that only it could hear. This bit of strangeness continued for at least another half hour, when I finally began to feel tired, and laid down to sleep.

Morning comes. It is now 9 am, and I feel surprisingly awake and lucid, contrary to the reports of Seroquel on erowid. I had gambled with sleep, and hit the right dose the first time with this fun little crazy med.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 47377
Published: Dec 17, 2020Views: 1,055
Pharms - Quetiapine (273) : First Times (2), Alone (16)