Spacey Kinda Life
5-HTP
by imruu
Citation:   imruu. "Spacey Kinda Life: An Experience with 5-HTP (exp4709)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4709

300 mg oral Tryptophan (pill / tablet)

One night i was talking to a friend who rolled often and he told me that one way to potentiate a roll was to pre-load on 5HTP. Well, since I really don't roll, I basically wanted to see what a large dose of 5HTP would do to me, without any mdma involved. So I took 300mg of 5HTP orally at once. About 30 mins later i felt lightheaded, but not in a dizzy kind of way. I also felt very spacey, and also was pretty giddy. Nothing could really bother me, and I enjoyed getting yelled at by my parents (although i faked the anger so they wouldnt think I was on a substance). It also helped me fall asleep quite well, and it was a deep sleep, that didn't have a drug induced feel the next morning.

5HTP isn't something I think I would do everyday, because it really wasn't overly enjoyable. Though possibly if I needed to be happy in a situation I didn't wanna be in, a megadose of 5HTP might do the trick.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 4709
Published: Mar 1, 2001Views: 49,944
Tryptophan (138) : Small Group (2-9) (17), General (1)