Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Addiction Happens so Easily
Cocaine & Crack Cocaine
by Stupid
Citation:   Stupid. "Addiction Happens so Easily: An Experience with Cocaine & Crack Cocaine (exp4705)". Erowid.org. Dec 30, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4705

Crack
      Cocaine

It's funny. I never thought that I would be the one writing this report after reading so many of the others. I never believed what all my friends said, or the other experience reports that I read, about the dangers of addiction and yada yada yada... I even laughed at a few thinking that it would never happen to me.

I got to know a guy who was working with who is about 30. He taught me about life which included many lessons, and he also introduced me to crack and the coke. He told me, 'This is nothing, don't worry about it..' The usual stuff people say to build your confidence to do it. So I did it. Nothing. I did say 1/2 a gram. Days went on and I occasionally did it. No problems. Crack too. No worries of addiction. No feeling of addiction.

In the last few days I have used it frequently. I made a New Year's resolution, which lasted 13 Days. There was a war going on inside my mind, because I had some cash. 'Get it, don't get it.. I used to win those battles, but I was having such a headache that I didn't want to fight it.

I believe that I can still stop even though I know it will be very hard. It will be painfull emotionally and physically, but it is still possible. There will be greater pain if I don't stop now. I am glad I realized early on that I have a problem and I would like to fix it. I tried to stay away from the crack as soon as I felt like doing it.

What once brought me great pleasure, is now bringing me greater pain

Good Luck

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 4705
Published: Dec 30, 2001Views: 5,839
Cocaine (13), Crack (82) : Various (28), Addiction & Habituation (10)