Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Prescribed For Narcolepsy
Zyrem (GHB)
by Sleep
Citation:   Sleep. "Prescribed For Narcolepsy: An Experience with Zyrem (GHB) (exp47038)". Erowid.org. Oct 20, 2005. erowid.org/exp/47038

4.5 g oral GHB (pill / tablet)

I have had narcolepsy and insomnia for years. After failure with traditional medications my physician prescribed Zyrem which is GHB. It is made and distributed from only one pharmacy and seems to take an act of God to be approved.

I started at 4.5grams (greater than what they recommend) and experienced heavy limbs, clumsiness when I tried to get up, and just a general 'floatiness' that lasted a few hours but never did get to sleep. Now I am taking 6 grams. After about 10 minutes I feel pretty 'messed up' but a good sort of feeling and usually fall asleep shortly. I think perhaps I am fighting sleep in order to continue to feel good. The sleep does not last the full night and I end up taking a short acting sleeping pill to sort of doze for the rest of the night.

I think the doctor would prefer me to be able to take a single dose that will last me most of the way through the night.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 47038
Published: Oct 20, 2005Views: 22,587
GHB (25) : General (1), First Times (2), Health Problems (27), Health Benefits (32), Alone (16)