Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug checking of anonymously submitted
drug samples and publishes the results weekly. [Check Results]
Making Blotter
Salvia divinorum (blotter)
by SalviaJay
Citation:   SalviaJay. "Making Blotter: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (blotter) (exp45926)". Erowid.org. Oct 8, 2007. erowid.org/exp/45926

2.0 g   Salvia divinorum (extract - 6x)

I found out about the Salvia Blotter method just yesterday, and figured that since I had some Isopropyl alcohol and 2g of 6x Salvia, I might as well try the method.

The method required 5g of regular crushed Salvia. I substitued that with 2g of the 6x Salvia I had to see if I could get a stronger effect. I wasn't sure about the solubility of Salivorin A, so I doubled the solvent to 200ml just in case. I waited for about 10 hours as instructed. The other thing I changed about the directions is that I strained the mixture through the tea stainer before I added the water. This is because I figured if I formed the precipitate and then put it through the strainer, the pile of spent Salvia leaves at the bottom would soak back up the Salivorin A as it was going through. Anyways, pretty much everything I did afterward was the same as the directions, added twice water (since I doubled the solvent), filtered it through a coffee filter, and dried the filter in an oven.

So, I cut about 1/5 of the filter, and stuck it under my tongue after gargling Listerine. In about 15 minutes, I start feeling a pleasant stoned feeling. Listening to music was more pleasurable, and I was taking everything in stride. I don't know how this experience compares with the quid method, as I always have smoked it before. But I can testify that this method actually does work. The only drawback is that the filtering process took a long time. I think it took a total of 4 hours of preperation, not counting the 10 hour soaking time. Maybe doubling the solvent wasn't a needed procedure, I'm not sure. If it still does work with the original 100ml of solvent, then that would probably cut the time by an hour or so.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45926
Published: Oct 8, 2007Views: 20,209
Salvia divinorum (44) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Unknown Context (20)