Psychedelic Insights Survey
Have you ever taken a psychedelic and had an
experience that was psychologically insightful?
Help our researcher friends at Johns Hopkins & take their Survey!
Swimming in Hyperspace
5-MeO-DMT (insufflated)
by Komrade
Citation:   Komrade. "Swimming in Hyperspace: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT (insufflated) (exp4584)". Erowid.org. Jan 15, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4584

9.0 mg insufflated 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)

I tried a new experiment tonight with much success. Having read only a single report of snorted 5-Meo-DMT, and being curious, I went ahead and tried it.

I used about 8 or 10 mg of 5-Meo-DMT that was a fine crystalline powder with the bigger crystals crushed out to go down easier. The whole pile was snorted in one go.

The effects began a few minutes after insufflation. The trip was strongly 5-Meo-like in it's character, but the effects came on smoother and lasted longer(about 30-40 minutes?). The trip was not as intense as smoked 5-MeO-DMT, but I found that I could take much more away from the trip. There was more time to think about what I was experiencing and to explore the trip. Listening to music I noticed some very dissociative effects and had some profound realizations about the nature of perception, memory, and thought. The trip seemed to have a lot of empathogenic qualities as well, though of a much more real and serious nature than that experienced on mdma (which feels quite fake to me).

5-MeO-DMT is a very raw trip that plunges into the depths of your soul. It brings out very genuine thoughts and emotions and seems to probe at a deeper level than other psychedelics while not being as distortive as other psychedelics. The trip is very self-exploratory and I found my thinking to be very clear, though intense. Ususally on psychedelics like mushrooms and lsd, my thoughts are fleeting, twisted and confused, but here they were very clear and focused.

I haven't tried larger doses yet, but I would imagine that a 15 or 20 mg trip would be manageable and rewarding. The only negative aspect to the trip was, of course, the nasty drip. DMT is pretty harsh and the burn was quite unpleasant, but I really only noticed it intermitantly. I was back to functional baseline after about an hour and a half.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 4584
Published: Jan 15, 2001Views: 27,167
5-MeO-DMT (58) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)