New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Amplified Daydreams
Huasca Combo (Syrian Rue & A. peregrina)
by Windchild
Citation:   Windchild. "Amplified Daydreams: An Experience with Huasca Combo (Syrian Rue & A. peregrina) (exp45799)". Erowid.org. Dec 23, 2005. erowid.org/exp/45799

50 mg oral Dimenhydrinate (pill / tablet)
  3.0 g oral Syrian Rue (ground / crushed)
  4 seeds oral Anadenanthera peregrina (ground / crushed)
    oral Anadenanthera peregrina (ground / crushed)

During an ongoing series of Ayahuasca Experiments I decided to use Dramamine to alleviate the typical nausea. I'm identifying Dramamine with Dimenhydrinate.

I ingested the dramamine pill (50 mg), prepared the harmala (grinding ~3g, putting it in capsules), and ingested it too, capsule for capsule, 30 min-60 min after the experience. I experienced a quite noticeable, specific drowsiness, which I attributed to the Dramamine.

I ingested 4 Yopo ground seeds for getting DMT effects.

Before the DMT really kicked in, i got sick and vomited, so that what followed was rather a slight DMT trip, together with a very subtle Dramamine trip (which appeared to be much amplified). After vomiting, i chilled out on the couch and enjoyed the DMT trip, which turned out to be quite noticeable. I still felt very very drowsy, unable to get up and do meaningful stuff. I did not have pupil dilation though.

The thing why I write this was a very different beast though.

During chillout, I ended up in a dozy state from which I had some effects in the dozy/daydream/nap/'paver nocturnis' range, which were much more pronounced and complicated than any daydream i ever had, though. For example, I dreamed typing my trip log. a 5 pm entry. this daydream was completely authentic, and partly lucid, and I snapped out of it thinking 'wtf its only 2 pm'. Others were not as dreamy, just normal thoughts, that suddenly became visual and had a got a life on their own.

I'd love to attribute this to the DMT, but I've never had such a dozy/daydreaming/confused state on any other tryptamine or tryptamine+MAOI setting, and I've had quite a few. When i got up and did stuff (halfway not wanting to really fall asleep, halfway pissed by the low DMT trip), I could ignore the effect completely.

I re-dosed DMT and it turned out to be quite a pleasant trip on a wonderful day.

I'm very glad that I had this experience. It'd be insane to do a full-blown trip on this alone, though, and still a little insane to do so with a sitter.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45799
Published: Dec 23, 2005Views: 12,662
Huasca Combo (269), Anadenanthera peregrina (285), Syrian Rue (45) : Alone (16), Combinations (3)