Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,376.

Donate by Bitcoin
The Night I Died
Anadenanthera peregrina
by Skoeip
Citation:   Skoeip. "The Night I Died: An Experience with Anadenanthera peregrina (exp45704)". Erowid.org. Dec 22, 2005. erowid.org/exp/45704

2 seeds insufflated Anadenanthera peregrina (ground / crushed)

I enjoy smoking Yopo, but last night I thought, hey I should sniff it just once to see what that is like! So I prepared the yopo with lime and water and put it in the micro-oven and when the stuff was dry I crushed it until there was only a powder. I know some people get nauseous so I took a bucket and a towel and went to lie down on my bed. and I started to sniff the stuff, I guess that after about 2 seeds I could feel my heartbeat in my nose, and after a few seconds I could hear the beat resonating through out my body. I just couldnít sniff anymore. I became afraid I would get a nose bleed that would never stop. I went to a mirror to look if my face was becoming red or purple, and became totally hypnotized. When I looked away everything was in some kind of yellowish haze. Suddenly I could feel the blood run through my nose. I grabbed a towel and went horizontally down on my bed. And died.

I immediately was in a purple pink tunnel; with magnetic lines in all the colors of the rainbow and a few colors I never saw before. And there was a womanís voice in the distance which was singing to me that I shouldnít be afraid. That I died but everything would be alright once I got to the other side of the tunnel. So I started moving, in the beginning slow but after a while I started gathering speed, until I was moving with the speed of light! And suddenly I was reborn, I was back in my bed room lying in a foetal position. And there was no blood coming from my nose. Everything still looked yellow. But I wasnt tripping as hard anymore as when I was in the tunnel.

Although this was the kind of experience I was searching for, I donít think I ever want to sniff yopo again, the nausea and pain in my nose are too much for me. The bufotenine is just too painful for me, and although it didnít ruin the trip, it isnít something I would do again anytime soon. Next time I stuck to smoking the stuff.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45704
Published: Dec 22, 2005Views: 9,404
Anadenanthera peregrina (285) : General (1), Alone (16)