More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
Only 250 of those contribute $1 or more.
If you use Erowid, Please Donate.
Throbbing Headache
Dimenhydrinate
by Velouria
Citation:   Velouria. "Throbbing Headache: An Experience with Dimenhydrinate (exp45362)". Erowid.org. Nov 6, 2007. erowid.org/exp/45362

17 tablets oral Dimenhydrinate

I had a bottle of dimenhydrinate (motion-sickness pills, common brand names are Gravol in Canada and Dramamine in U.S.). I had read that taking between 12 and 25 pills would create a reasonable hallucinogenic-quality high. Just for some background information about me, my previous drug experience had been limited to weed and painkillers, I was 17 at the time.

I took 17 of the pills one night. They tasted really gross. It took about one or two hours before there was any real effect, and I became quite tired (as they cause drowsiness). I layed down, and I began to feel like I was dreaming (although i was awake). It was confusing - I was talking to a friends that wasn't there and was confused when they left without saying goodbye. It was sort of like I was just re-hashing the events of my day. It was not particularly thrilling, definately not worth what came afterwards.

I began having a serious headache (not just a typical one), it hurt to lift my head, like a deep throbbing pain. I got up to go to the bathroom and I was seriously unbalanced. I had to walk bent over to keep myself from falling down. My muscles felt very light and my head was constantly hurting. After this, I felt so unpleasant I decided to go to sleep, and when I woke up in the morning I saw that I had thrown up (I didnt remember doing this).

So, I would definately not recommend this to anybody. Or maybe I had just taken too much for my body weight (I'm a fairly small girl). Either way, if you dont like headaches or hangovers, just avoid this altogether!

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 45362
Published: Nov 6, 2007Views: 4,921
Dimenhydrinate (17) : First Times (2), Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)