"When historians pick up their pens to write the story of the 21st century, let them say that it was your generation who laid down the heavy burdens of hate at last and that peace finally triumphed over violence, aggression and war. So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide."
-- John Lewis (1940-2020)
Improved My Life
Poppies - Opium
by Captainsandals
Citation:   Captainsandals. "Improved My Life: An Experience with Poppies - Opium (exp45094)". Erowid.org. Nov 1, 2007. erowid.org/exp/45094

4 oral Poppies - Opium (dried)

I discovered poppies online in November 2004. I read an article on how you could make tea out of poppy pods and thought to try it. I have done them more or less every other day since then and, to everyone's including my surprise, I have never experienced a single withdrawal symptom. Poppies were the opiate/s that I started with, I had never ingested a single one before that.

The first time I drank them, I did a fairly poor job. I must have simmered them too quickly or too hot, and I received either an experience I couldn't notice or none at all. Me and my family went out to dinner at a Cajun restaurant and I threw up immediately after we got home, 4 hours later or so. Since then, I have revised my methods of cooking them a lot and eventually I stopped boiling them completely and simply ate the pods. I find this mechanism of dosage to be much more reliable, easier, more discreet, and probably a bit tastier.

Since I predictably don't remember anything but my most recent poppy experiences, and since I've only had one in seven weeks (I was in an environment that, short to say, strongly discouraged psychoactive use), I will describe my experience of the day before yesterday to try and make this a little more informative:

3:30: I started to choke down 4 dried pods of medium-large size, roughly 4 or 5 inches around. The taste isn't that bad, but the texture makes them much harder to swallow. I finished getting them down at about 4:15.

4:20: I think to myself: 'What's this?'

4:34: I feel myself coming up slightly. It feels even better knowing that I've gone weeks upon weeks without having this, it's like returning home truly, almost, as druggie-ish as that sounds.

5:02: I am at my peak. I'm sitting in a chair next to a computer, lying down about as far as I can, playing Halo and listening to Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Ros (Agaetis Byrjun and Svefn-G-Englar, by the way, are the defining opiate experience songs for me). At this point I am literally in heaven. I can literally feel the bass undertones of Agaetis Byrjun resonating in my bones. I am perfectly sedated and ecstatic.

5:34: Effects are slightly less prominent, but still orgasmic in effect. I have an amazing body high, it feels almost as if I'm being wrapped in warm cloths and floating somewhere. I am unbelievably warm. I'm still playing Halo, which I note to myself that I'm not very good at. Upon typing this, I look at the xBox and realize that it's been on for about three days. Not good. Anyway, the high is still going strong here.

5:58: Still feel about the same as at the peak. Agaetis Byrjun is still playing, I'm thinking to myself that I should buy it instead of pirating it constantly. I can still feel the warmth all over my body along with the massive euphoria that accompanies an opiate experience. Coming down slightly, I notice, but still incredible. I love opiates.

6:45: Coming down a bit more, still enjoying it. Listening to 'Matt Pond PA' and still playing 'Halo', can barely stand to get up. At this point I've drank (drunk?) seven Fruit2Os, as usually seems to be the case with opiates. I feel almost like I'm blended in with the chair.

7:23: After effects mostly, at this point. I got up and walked around and cooked some pizza, the high is more or less over for me.

7:59: Almost gone. No noticeable nausea, surprising considering my long abstinence from opiates.

8:45: High is completely gone. I have no nausea, although I took some TUMS anyway for good measure. I still feel fairly happy, but the body high is gone.

Anyway, I love opiates. I haven't had any problems with them, depsite what I've heard, and they have improved my life heavily.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45094
Published: Nov 1, 2007Views: 40,162
Poppies - Opium (43) : Retrospective / Summary (11), General (1), Alone (16)