It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Scram False Positive
Drug Testing
by Skt
Citation:   Skt. "Scram False Positive: An Experience with Drug Testing (ID 45016)". Erowid.org. Jun 13, 2007. erowid.org/exp/45016

I recently I came to the conclusion I had a serious problem with alcohol so I quit drinking completely. The courts have put me on an alcohol tether (SCRAM) which measures through my sweat. They have put me in jail 3 times and just told me I was drinking every day last week and that I put something in-between my leg and the bracelet. I did not, I don't even use products with alcohol in them (soap, shampoo, toothpaste etc.). The only research done on this product was done by part owner and a non qualified person of the company that makes these products. This is a crock of shit! I am tired of going to jail for something I did not do.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 45016