Citation: Yeshua. "Confident and Energetic: An Experience with Venlafaxine (Effexor XR) & Cocaine (exp44754)". Erowid.org. Jul 12, 2010. erowid.org/exp/44754
There is not much information available about the interactions of Effexor XR (venlafaxine hcl) and snorted power cocaine (cocaine hcl). I'd like to share a personal experience with you.
I've been prescribed to take Effexor XR for depression over a year ago. My dose was gradually increased up to 300mg which I am currently taking daily. There is much praise and condemnation out there for Effexor alone, yet to me, the effexor experience was generally a positive one, with the following effects:
- increased personal energy
- depressive thoughts were still there but were easier to dismiss/deal with
- less anxiety.
There were also the following negative effects:
- Nightmares/vivid color and sound dreams: I once dreamt that I was in a church where model-esque women took turns coming up to the altar to recieve the stigmata. All of a sudden, 50 cent walked in and turned into a big red dinosaur, after which I slit his throat with a knife. Enough said.
- Sexual side effects: it would take a lot longer to reach the state of orgasm/ejaculate. I had no problems obtaining an erection, but the orgasm was either never-to-be-found or extremely powerful (not sure if this one is negative or positive).
I have recently tried snorting powdered cocaine (without interrupting my effexor regiment) and have noticed that, surprisingly enough, effexor allows me to get the most out of the positive effects of coke, without the negatives. I've discussed my cocaine use with my doctor. He says I should watch my cardiovascular health.
- Well, the usual coke high for me lasts for about 3-3.5 hours... Imagine that. I am now a rather passionate coke user, using coke for about a month and a half, every day, yet I still don't use more than 2-4 lines per day, simply because I don't feel like I need any more. Typically I take my effexor in the morning and use cocaine in the afternoon.
- The overall combo effects are great. I get increased confidence, talkability, increased productivity and energy, decreased appetite and need for sleep.
- Whenever I mix coke, effexor and alcohol, shit goes downhill, the whole 3 hour idea disappears and I end up feeling extremely down and depressed. I also end up using more of both: coke and alchy to sustain myself. The entire experience is completely horrible.
- I've had a period of time where I had to quit coke for about two weeks, after which I started it again. I noticed that there were some cravings for it, yet they were still rather controllable. I also used coffee to combat those.
- Some of the effects of the combo stuck around for quite a while, such as increased energy, increased self-confidence, etc.
I hope that you have found this info useful.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.