Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
I Crossed the Line
Cocaine & Venlafaxine (Effexor)
by Echobaby
Citation:   Echobaby. "I Crossed the Line: An Experience with Cocaine & Venlafaxine (Effexor) (exp43950)". Erowid.org. Sep 4, 2006. erowid.org/exp/43950

300 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (daily)
  2.5 g insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

Ok, I have to first say I have since stopped doing coke, because I was getting a nasty little addiction going.

I take 300 mg of Effexor once a day as an antidepressant. Well, back in the midst of this madness called drug-doing I was having a great night with friends doing a ton of coke. We did line after line and it was some of the best stuff I had ever had. I was hanging out with the dealer by this point so there was no shortage. By the time I went home around 9 a.m. I had already done like a teener or so myself. Well the shit was so good I wasn't about to stop, even though my friends all kind of drifted back home and didn't want to continue.

I did, however, just keep doing it in my room for the rest of the day, getting totally fucked up and trying to keep it from my roommates. So about like 6 pm after I had been doing all the last night and day I was going out into the living room to hang out with my roommates and friends outside my room. I remember stepping into the living room and thatís it.

I woke up in the ER. I had had a 'petit mal' seizure, just short of the worst kind possible. My friends told me I had a blank look on my face and fell to the floor- my friend Jay caught me. I started to shake violently and they called 911( thank goodness they weren't druggies and were not afraid to call!) So that was fun. Actually, exceedingly embarrassing and got my parents worried enough to make me move home. Not cool.

I am now completely clean and drug free, and have realized how much I used cocaine and other drugs as a cover for my un-happy self.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 43950
Published: Sep 4, 2006Views: 27,684
Cocaine (13), Pharms - Venlafaxine (191) : Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)