Naloxone Access & Experience Survey
Help out researchers at Emory University School of Medicine by answering a short 5-15 minute survey on your thoughts about and experiences with naloxone and opiates. [ Go To Survey ]
Doesn't Make Everyone Sick
Methadone
by methadone
Citation:   methadone. "Doesn't Make Everyone Sick: An Experience with Methadone (exp43750)". Erowid.org. Feb 9, 2019. erowid.org/exp/43750

20 mg oral Methadone (pill / tablet)

I admit that when I had methadone for the first time I had no idea what it was or what it would do, my dealer just said I would enjoy it. He told me to chew it because you couldn't snort it and it tasted really shitty. For a couple hours I layed in my room listening to music and felt extremely happy and somewhat detached from everything. I decided to go for a run and realized that I never got tired or felt any pain. Even after the effects had worn off I still had the after high feeling of being really happy about everything for most of the next day. I take it maybe twice a month and havent noticed much of a tollerance or anything lasting physical effects. The only time it ever made me sick was because I had the flu and I forgot about it, and I also hadn't eaten anything that day.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 43750
Published: Feb 9, 2019Views: 226
Methadone (166) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)