Years of Use Leads to Paranoia and Issues
Amphetamines (Adderall)
by Leanne
Citation:   Leanne. "Years of Use Leads to Paranoia and Issues: An Experience with Amphetamines (Adderall) (exp43272)". Erowid.org. Jan 22, 2019. erowid.org/exp/43272

60 mg oral Amphetamines (daily)

Adderall : ADD

I was on Adderall for 3 1/2 years to help with my ADD. Yea, at first its was good. Then next thing I new I weighed 102lbs. Toward the end of my 3 1/2 years on Adderall I began getting hallucinations. I would see dark figures, shadows, feel as if I was being watched all the time. It was horrible. At one point I had to sleep with my mom for over 6 months because my paranoia was so bad. Of course my doc wanted me to jus keep taking it, he said I will be fine in a few days. Yea right. When I turned18 I told my doc I was done with Adderall and all medication for my ADD. Now, a year later I am beginning to see things again, I get really paranoid for no reason and I hear footsteps in my house. Basically, I am still having the same hallucinations I had when I was on the drug. I also know of 2 other people who were long time Adderall users and are still getting the 'side effects from it.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 43272
Published: Jan 22, 2019Views: 873
Amphetamines (6) : Not Applicable (38), Post Trip Problems (8), Medical Use (47), Difficult Experiences (5), Retrospective / Summary (11)