Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Would Have Been Good if I Stayed Awake
Atomoxetine (Strattera)
by Fish
Citation:   Fish. "Would Have Been Good if I Stayed Awake: An Experience with Atomoxetine (Strattera) (exp43000)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2007. erowid.org/exp/43000

40 mg oral Pharms - Atomoxetine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 140 mg oral Pharms - Atomoxetine (pill / tablet)

I recently had Strattera prescribed to me for ADD. When I first got it me and my girlfriend took about 80 mg each and both felt pretty different, things felt hazy and I had trouble getting aroused but it was still an enjoyable experience overall.

So a week or so later I took my normal 40 mg dose, sat around for a bit then decided to take one 60 and two 40s. (it might have been a little bit more but I can't quite remember) After about 20 minutes it began to kick in, then at 30 minutes I began to feel very sleepy, I wanted to stay up and see how it would effect me but I was just far to exhausted from the meds so I lay down and fell asleep within no time.

I awoke about 1-2 hours later and looked down at my legs but things seemed very narrow and slightly further away. I figured I was just sleepy or my contacts were dry. I rolled over to grab my cigs off my end table and for a sip of water but things blurred as I turned my head. And I saw this big transparent yellow thing floating slightly. I decided to out the cig and go back to sleep as I was extremely tired.

I awoke the next day feeling a little groggy but not too bad overall. I was wondering if the couple of things I had seen had just been a dream but my glass of water was empty and there was an outted cig in my ashtray.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 43000
Published: Jun 16, 2007Views: 19,049
Pharms - Atomoxetine (316) : Alone (16), Retrospective / Summary (11)