Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
The Numbness
Codiene (Tylenol 3)
by Klenker
Citation:   Klenker. "The Numbness: An Experience with Codiene (Tylenol 3) (exp4277)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4277

3 tablets oral Codeine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 3 tablets oral Codeine (pill / tablet)

To start off I got Tylenol 3 pills containing codeine from my doctor for my broken elbow. Anyways, one night while watching tv my arm was hurting quite bad,so I took three pills, but that didn't really help much, so i took another three pills. It started off slow, first with a slight numbness of my body, then about an hour after I took the pills, I started to really feel it. I couldn't keep my head from falling, then foolishly I decided to get a drink.

As soon as i got up form my chair,I fell to the ground, I tried hard to move my legs but they just wouldn't do anything. I didn't feel sick or anything, just like i was really drunk. I just sat on the floor for about 30 minutes moaning and rolling around. Thinking back i don't remember much after that, I didn't pass out i just had a heavy fog over my brain. I never got myself off the ground, my brother came and picked me up and brought me to my room.

Overall it wasn't a bad trip I've had worse before, BUT, be ready when for the trip when it comes.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 4277
Published: Mar 1, 2001Views: 60,310
Codeine (14) : General (1), Alone (16)