Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Out of Body Experience while Sleeping
OBE
by Scott
Citation:   Scott. "Out of Body Experience while Sleeping: An Experience with OBE (exp41143)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2007. erowid.org/exp/41143

Over the last five years, I have had what I think is an OBE. Occasionally when I go to sleep, right at the beginning stages of dreaming, I almost feel like I wake up and look around the room clear as day. In fact it usually has nothing to do with the room that I am sleeping in. I might be looking outside or at some other portion of the house. I feel like I can literally look around, up, down, and from side to side. it only lasts for a few minutes but when It happens, I have full control of what I want to do or look at. In my mind I am even awake enough to think to myself that 'this is weird' I know fully what I am doing and try to keep it going for as long as I can.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 41143
Published: Jun 25, 2007Views: 1,004
OBE (332) : General (1), Alone (16)