Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $100+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
Hoppy the Bush Kangaroo
Hops
by Penguins3rdLeg
Citation:   Penguins3rdLeg. "Hoppy the Bush Kangaroo: An Experience with Hops (exp41087)". Erowid.org. Aug 24, 2005. erowid.org/exp/41087

smoked Hops (dried)

I was interested to find out that hops was related to another green friend and was purported to contain a resinous compound similar to thc. One $4(Aus) bag from a health food store contains approx 50 grams of hops (it is very dry and light, hence you get a lot). I smoked a few cones/bowls and noted a very mild effect. Next I smoked it with the green stuff and noted a unique synergy, a more 'tranquilized' feeling than normal. I soon found by picking out the chunky bits and grinding it to a powder, I could get a stronger effect from it. Last night I smoked 7-8 unmixed cones/bowls before bedtime and felt very intoxicated when I lay down with the lights out. Similar to greenery/booze combined. Less visual phenomena, more of a 'head stone' not much body buzz. Took about 15 minutes to get to sleep, so I don't know that it does help one get to sleep that well (takes me like five minutes maximum ordinarily), I did feel very drowsy however. Getting up for a wee an hour or so later was very surreal.

Today my throat is a bit sore from the slight harshness of the smoke, but it isn't annoying. The smoke tastes nice and is definitely remniscent of cannabis. All in all an exciting discovery. I will attempt a crude, ghetto style extraction on it... hops hash anyone?

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 41087
Published: Aug 24, 2005Views: 27,822
Hops (252) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)