Almost Lost My Life
Heroin
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Almost Lost My Life: An Experience with Heroin (exp40957)". Erowid.org. Jan 1, 2008. erowid.org/exp/40957

IV Heroin

I started out doing heroin about 4 months ago. I only did it on the weekends to start with but that changed quickly. The only thing I looked forward to was the next time I was going to do heroin. I started out snorting small lines at a time then gradually doing more and more because my tolerance builds very quick. After snorting it got old I decided to go on to shooting it so that way Iíd have to do less. Shooting it is way different from snorting it.

So this one night I decided it would be my last night to ever shoot it because I wanted to quit. So my boyfriend got the needle ready, put 1/2 pack in, stuck it in my vein and shot it in. This big rush came over my body, this big warm tingly feeling throughout my whole body, almost too overwhelming. I didnít have a care in the world. Just felt extremely relaxed without any pain. After about 2 hours the feeling was totally gone so I decided to do some more only this time I did double the amount.

After my bf shot me up again the rush was way more intense, I began to get really dizzy and passed out. I stopped breathing and turned blue. My boyfriend had to give me mouth to mouth for about 10 minutes before I started breathing again. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital where I had to stay over night. They told me I would of died if my bf was not there to save my life. That was the worst experience I ever had. I could be dead right now just because I wanted to experience the feeling of H. I will never do heroin again.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 40957
Published: Jan 1, 2008Views: 45,271
Heroin (27) : Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Small Group (2-9) (17)