Naloxone Access & Experience Survey
Help out researchers at Emory University School of Medicine by answering a short 5-15 minute survey on your thoughts about and experiences with naloxone and opiates. [ Go To Survey ]
Numbed Sorrow
Methadone
by Primate
Citation:   Primate. "Numbed Sorrow: An Experience with Methadone (exp40941)". Erowid.org. Mar 21, 2018. erowid.org/exp/40941

repeated oral Methadone (pill / tablet)

I was helping my mother's friend who was dying of ovarian cancer. It was one of the most emotional things in my life. Later when I was alone with her, I said under my breath that I had a killer headache and she told me to grab her purse and take out the pill bottle inside. I told her that it was methadone and she told me to just take it. The next day I left for a band trip and took the bottle of well over 100 pills with me. I first ate only one. I enjoyed the high for a while and then fell asleep. When I awoke, my head was aching and my stomach hurt in a way I couldn't imagine. I did this similar therapy during the next few days until the night before I was going to record a demo with my band. I ate three which was just flatout a bad call. I was extremely high and numb and then blacked out. The next morning was hell. My head felt like it had literally been run over and I was constantly throwing up. Even between recording sessions, I was vomiting all of the contents in my stomach.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 40941
Published: Mar 21, 2018Views: 316
Methadone (166) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Difficult Experiences (5), Hangover / Days After (46), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Various (28)