Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Liquid Dog Shit
Absinthe (homemade)
by Brokenstoner
Citation:   Brokenstoner. "Liquid Dog Shit: An Experience with Absinthe (homemade) (exp408)". Erowid.org. Jun 29, 2000. erowid.org/exp/408

2 oz oral Absinthe (liquid)

My roommate had the habit of collecting strange herbs for her 'rituals', and one day she suggested I mix wormwood with alcohol to make absinthe. I thought that was a wonderful suggestion, so I mixed a healthy portion of these dry wormwood clippings in a tiny airliner of Bacardi Limon. I let this witches brew sit in my window sill for almost three weeks, and at that point the fliud had turned completely green. I decided it was time to try this drug to see what all the hype was about. My roomate had explained that people from America's past had raved about this drug up until it was outlawed, so I decided the trip must be somewhat enjoyable. However I was wrong. This stuff tassted like LIQUID DOG SHIT! I could barely drink the little 2 oz. bottle without gagging uncontrollably. I think I copped a buz, but I cannot be sure if it was an absinthe buzz or an alcohol with shitty tasting herbs buzz. I would not try this stuff again, unless someone made a sweet tasting wine out of it (supposedly that is absinthe's original form).

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 408
Published: Jun 29, 2000Views: 120,545
Wormwood (50), Absinthe (4) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)