Show that you support honest drug info with a $45 donation,
and get the stealth Erowid "Hip Logo" t-shirt!
Grandparents From the Woods
Amanitas - A. muscaria & Cannabis
by user
Citation:   user. "Grandparents From the Woods: An Experience with Amanitas - A. muscaria & Cannabis (exp40259)". Erowid.org. Aug 5, 2018. erowid.org/exp/40259

700 mg smoked Amanitas - A. muscaria (dried)
  300 mg smoked Cannabis

I'm in good health. I smoke pot everyday for years, so I didnt get 'mystical experiences' from cannabis for years (if I ever got some).

I bought an ounce of 'grade A' dried Amanita Muscaria. I first decided to smoke some, just to test my reaction to this powerful mushroom. I rolled a cigarette with 75 % of powdered amanita cap, the rest being some good quality buds. The smoke is good tasting but wears a little on the lungs.

After having smoked, I was feeling very comfortable and happy, both relaxed and energetic. Everything was interesting and easy. It had a lot in common with a cannabis-only trip, but a little stronger and without the dry mouth and mood shifts. Also, I felt something more 'realistic', 'connected to the world', than with pot alone. At the peak, I imagined that the spirit of Amanita was there, and he was benevolent. I had the feeling that this spirit was male, then female, then male again. I finally understood that it was because they were two of them. A male spirit and a female one. They were very old, and deserved a lot of respect, but were friendly. It was just like visiting grand parents of mine, except for the fact that they were spirits and not humans. Although they keep a very ancient knowledge and are very wise, they like a lot to laugh and have fun. Their sense of humor isnt of the human kind. So it's better to be careful.

The peak lasted something like 1 hour during which I had all these thoughts. The effects slowly wore off as I watched a movie with a great pleasure. I slept very well the following night, better than I did for months.

I plan to try an oral dose soon, simply to visit again my 'grand parents from the woods'. I'll do it very carefully. That's what they took the time to teach me.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 40259
Published: Aug 5, 2018Views: 355
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Combinations (3), First Times (2), Alone (16)