Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Lapsing Into Conversations in My Mind
Zolpidem
by Speed Stickly
Citation:   Speed Stickly. "Lapsing Into Conversations in My Mind: An Experience with Zolpidem (exp39880)". Erowid.org. Dec 12, 2018. erowid.org/exp/39880

oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

Ambien Enjoyment

I was prescribed 10 mg Ambien for sleeping problems. I started by taking a 5 mg dose (by breaking the pills in half) which worked for a while but my body became accustomed and I had to up it to 10 mg. Ambien is said to have the potential to be habit-forming but I have not had any problems with it in that regard. I generally only take it when I think I'll need it. Not every night.

The effects are not huge but are overall enjoyable. The drug makes me drowsy (it is a sleeping pill after all) and rather tipsy, I find it difficult to walk. More interestingly I find myself lapsing into conversations in my mind where I am talking to myself, or my friends, or people I don't know. I will say something in my mind and get a response from I don't know where (maybe my subconscious) that I didn't expect. Often times I will be reading and I will become especially fascinated by a certain aspect of what I am reading. For instance I was reading a magazine when I saw a picture of a woman and a man standing side by side. I began to wonder why they were standing next to each other, if they knew each other, and how they were related.

The drug also gives me a sense of confidence about other drugs. I am tempted to try harder things after taking it. The drug gives you a strange sense of waking dreaming. Lastly, memory is effected. One night while on the drug my brother (who was staying with me) asked me if he could smoke some pot I had left over and I complied. The next day, I wipped out my pipe and a lid ready to light up and realized that all the weed was gone, and then remembered that I had told my brother he could have it.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 39880
Published: Dec 12, 2018Views: 454
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Medical Use (47), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Not Applicable (38)