Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Caffeine Sensitivity
Caffeine
by Gia
Citation:   Gia. "Caffeine Sensitivity: An Experience with Caffeine (exp3964)". Erowid.org. Mar 5, 2001. erowid.org/exp/3964

After one year of researching the effects of caffeine, I would like to tell you that it is one of the worst drugs in the world, and why it is still on shelves without warning labels, I don't know.

A few months ago I had poisoning caused by caffeine. I wasn't drinking gallons a day, just 2-4 cups. But as a child, I had an allergic reaction to Coca-Cola. My parents thought it was from fried clams. But after 25 years of symptoms, I can tell you, it wasn't the clams at all.

Every doctor and psychiatrist failed me. All along, my symptoms were those of anaphylactic reaction - far worse than a normal allergy. Once it entered my body in any form or dose, the symptoms got worse. But at that time, I didn't know it. I was in the deepest darkest fog that anyone can imagine. My life became disorganized, and my mind became confused. Always a calm, rational person, anger took over.

Caffeine stimulates the adrenaline gland. A person with a sensitivity will not experience normal allergy symptoms; they will experience symptoms of amphetamine toxicity. Like speed, it has the effect of changing your personality. It can cause anger, confusion, irritability, panic attacks, hives, gastrointestinal pain, chest pain, sleep paralysis, and many other symptoms.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3964
Published: Mar 5, 2001Views: 9,151
Caffeine (11) : Various (28), Health Problems (27)