Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Ephedra With a Twist
Yohimbe & Diphenhydramine
by The Lorax
Citation:   The Lorax. "Ephedra With a Twist: An Experience with Yohimbe & Diphenhydramine (exp39218)". Erowid.org. Jun 21, 2007. erowid.org/exp/39218

800 mg oral Yohimbe (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 400 mg oral Vitamin C (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 400 mg oral Yohimbe (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 200 mg oral Vitamin C (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00 800 mg oral Yohimbe (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00 400 mg oral Vitamin C (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00 25 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 9:30 25 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)

To start, let me give you my brief psychoactive history:

-Pot (All the time; from mellowed out, to outer space)
-DXM (4 or 5 times; unenjoyable)
-Codeine/Perc/Vicodin (roughly 15 times; fun fun fun!)
-Mushrooms (3 times; completely changed my life for the better)
-Alcohol
-Tobacco (semi-regularly)
-Dimenhydrinate (with no hallucinations)

The night started with a trip to the grocery store. I was originally there to pick up a few legit items (bread, milk, eggs), but made a quick detour to the 'natural lifestyle' section, coming across a bottle of 40 pills, each containing 400mg Yohimbe and 200mg Vitamin C. I made the purchase, came home, and read more on Yohimbe.

As you probably know, Yohimbe is a stimulant, aphrodisiac, and sometimes used to treat cases of erectile dysfunction. The aphrodisiac properties were what interested me, as my girlfriend L and I both enjoyed other forms of inebriated sex. Mindset: curious, overall positive.

T=0:00 - Ingest two pills, orally, with plenty of water.

T=0:30 - Not feeling anything, drop one more.

T=1:30 - Increased heart rate, slight anxiety, over all a lot like a high dose of caffeine.

T=2:00 L gets off work, and we decide to go to a movie. I tell her about the Yohimbe; she's very interested, and asks me how it feels. I tell her I'm speedy, but find it to be more un-arousing than anything else. I drop two more Yohimbe capsules, and 1 25mg Diphenhydramine pill to cut the edge.

T=2:30 I have a good balance of energy going. The Yohimbe gives energy, and the Diphenhydramine takes away the unpleasant anxiety and heart-jumping. I'll try not to be graphic, but for the sake of science, I was also harder (and maybe a little bit bigger) than I've ever been in my entire life. L commented on this too, and LOVED it. Oral sex felt INCREDIBLE (more than usual).

T=3:30 We arrive at the theater too late, and decide to bring a movie back home. En route, we have sex. Once again, very very very good.

T=7:30 It's about midnight, L goes home. I don't think sleeping will be a problem.

T=9:00 Sleeping is a problem. I lie in bed with racing thoughts, and although my heart rate is only slightly elevated, I can not sleep.

T=9:30 25mg Diphenhydramine ingested, my last one.

T=10:00 Shallow sleep for 6 hours.

SUMMARY:
Although the stimulant and aphrodisiac properties of Yohimbe were fun, I can only imagine what this is doing to damage my heart. Not sleeping was no fun either; I'm writing this the morning after and I feel run-down. Diphenhydramine worked perfectly for me, and I know I could have gotten to sleep if I had had 25-50mg more to take before going to bed.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 39218
Published: Jun 21, 2007Views: 21,350
Yohimbe (96), Diphenhydramine (109) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Sex Discussion (14), Combinations (3), First Times (2)