Blinded by the Truth
Toad Venom (extract)
by Moven
Citation:   Moven. "Blinded by the Truth: An Experience with Toad Venom (extract) (exp39197)". Erowid.org. Jun 11, 2018. erowid.org/exp/39197

vaporized Toad Venom (extract)

[Erowid Note: While the author reported the substance used as 5-MeO-DMT, and references 5-MeO-DMT in the report, they seem to confuse NN-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. These substances have different effects and dosages. Most often the error made is that the term "DMT" is used to refer to 5-Methoxy-DMT. However, because of the ambiguity in the substance name, it is uncertain whether the author is speaking about 5-MeO-DMT throughout the report or not. See 5-MeO-DMT is Not "DMT".]

[Reported Dose: "less than 1/4 gram of impure crystals DMT (possibly with bufotinine)"]

Just as a side note, Iíve always wanted to try DMT. Iíve had widely varying results experimenting with Ayahuasca and Mimosahuasca, the last one being enough to make me hesitate in ever trying it again (Iím not going to go into details, letís just say that it involved severe dehydration, a large quantity of expired syrian rue, and about 12 hours of delirius vomitingÖ). I recently tried to extract some DMT out of Phalaris Arundinacaea (sp), but had to cut the experiment short due to meddling roommates. I assumed that my dreams of elfspice would never reach fruition.

Until about a month ago. A friend called me up, and told me he might have something Iíd like to try. I headed over, and found him waiting for me with a meth pipe. I asked what he had in mind, and he showed me a tiny bag of grey-white crystals. He said that it was DMT, but not pure because it was only partly extracted from toad venom (Iím assuming Bufo). He loaded some up and gave me the first hit. Iím not exaggerating when I say I was literally floored. The onset was immediate, and was like nothing I have ever tried. It brings to mind the pan galactic gargle blaster from ďThe Hitchhikers guide to the GalaxyĒ. Kind of like getting my brain bashed out with a golden brick, and shot into space. Itís the mental equivalent of staring at the sun. Definitely worth trying, and it only lasted about 30 sec. to a minute. Afterwards, I bought as much as I could, and used it regularly over the next two weeks.

The scariest part about it was that it seemed to get stronger the more I did it. Like many have said before me, there is nothing that could prepare me for it. I just had to throw myself at its mercy.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 39197
Published: Jun 11, 2018Views: 786
Toad Venom (46), 5-MeO-DMT (58) : First Times (2), Retrospective / Summary (11), What Was in That? (26), Small Group (2-9) (17)