Definetely not Worthy
DXM
by Steve
Citation:   Steve. "Definetely not Worthy: An Experience with DXM (exp3892)". Erowid.org. Dec 9, 2000. erowid.org/exp/3892

600 mg oral DXM (liquid)

After doing much research about DXM, I decided to go for it. I swallowed 6.8oz of Robitussin Maximum Strengh, and this is what happened:

Within the the first three hours after taking the drug,I had some interesting experiences with my eyes closed, abstract imagery and linguisticly hard to define concepts; It all had a dark and negative feeling to it, heavy is a good word to discribe it. Thanks God I was psychologically prepared and did not freak out, but it was NOT a pleasant experience. Then about three hours after I had taken the drug, I started feeling sick, really sick. This are some of the symtoms I experienced:

- All of my body felt extremely itchy.
- I experienced chills and sweat.
- The worst headache I have ever experienced.
- Comfusion, like daydream nightmares.
- Heat waves all over my body.
- Nausea and vomit.
- Fever.

I was looking for a spiritual experience, but this is what I got. I came to the conclusion that I had an allergic reaction to the high dose of cough medicine I took. I was confident when I decided to do this drug, the amount of research I did on the subject made me feel like I knew what I was doing. I did not. I learned an important lesson, everybody is different and so are their reactions to a drug.

Never ever again.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3892
Published: Dec 9, 2000Views: 11,791
DXM (22) : Health Problems (27), Unknown Context (20)