Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Fairly Neutral Exp with BDO
1,4-Butanediol
by Jsorex
Citation:   Jsorex. "Fairly Neutral Exp with BDO: An Experience with 1,4-Butanediol (exp3852)". Erowid.org. Nov 20, 2000. erowid.org/exp/3852

oral 1,4-Butanediol (liquid)

I used to use BDO (1,4-butanediol) alot. I had heard that it is physically addictive as GHB is. It was very cheap, a 125 ml bottle cost around 15 USD. And I used dosages that were from 2 ml to 10 ml. The few first times it was very pleasant. I could feel the high coming on slowly. I mixed the 99.7 pure BDO in juice, a teaspoon in a cup. And drank that horrible shit down. I used it every day for weeks. I'd drink a few ml every second hour or so. Soon I started to get really sick of beeing high for long periods at once, so I began to take it only once a day.

One big hit a day. And at higher doses, like 15 ml, i'd get weird side effects. Like spasms in my arms and vomiting and amnesia. So I stopped using BDO. But I never experienced any withdrawl symptoms, nor did I ever feel either physically or mentally addicted.

All that I really learned from this is that BDO freezes at +17 C and becomes solid. So you can put it in the fridge and then put the solid stuff in gel caps.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3852
Published: Nov 20, 2000Views: 18,794
1,4-Butanediol (51) : Various (28), General (1)