Black & Brown & Yellow & Red Lives Matter
Every. Life. We're all in this together. Let's all do what we can to
make the world a better place. Breathe. Appreciate the breath.
Cross-tolerance, Continued...
Methylone
by MthylnMan
Citation:   MthylnMan. "Cross-tolerance, Continued...: An Experience with Methylone (exp38138)". Erowid.org. Nov 14, 2004. erowid.org/exp/38138

220 mg oral Methylone (powder / crystals)

In my last report, I discussed how Methylone severely diminished the quality of an MDMA experience when taken 5 days prior. However, in the name of science, I ingested a normal dose of Methylone with my wife two days after the failed MDMA experiment. Surprisingly, the euphoria, the insights, and the openness were all there. However, the duration of the high was shortened, and I became extremely tired during the come-down phase.

So, this seems paradoxical. Methylone reduced the effects of MDMA when taken 5 days prior. However, Methylone, when taken 2 days after the MDMA, showed little-or-no cross-tolerance with the MDMA.

This leads me to believe that my norepinephrine and dopamine systems (which Methylone inhibits the re-uptake of) were fully recovered 2 days after the MDMA experience. I am still searching for an answer as to why the MDMA experience was so poor when taken 5 days after Methylone. Perhaps insight and thought into such a one-way 'cross'-tolerance can shed some light on induced euphoria by alternative neurotransmitter systems.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38138
Published: Nov 14, 2004Views: 16,928
Methylone (255) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)