Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
A Unique Feeling
Modafinil (Provigil) and Alcohol
by provsrock
Citation:   provsrock. "A Unique Feeling: An Experience with Modafinil (Provigil) and Alcohol (ID 38043)". Erowid.org. Nov 12, 2004. erowid.org/exp/38043

DOSE: 7 shots oral Alcohol - Hard
  200 mg insufflated Modafinil (pill / tablet)

At around 11 o clock, my friends and I began drinking. It was nothing new. After about 7 shots or so of some vodka, I started to feel a pretty heavy buzz. At this time I remembered the Provigils I had recently collected from a friend.

I have had experience with provigils before, and they have all been quite similar to the experiences listed online, but this was a truly different experience. I pulled two 100mg provigils from a bag and proceeded to finely crush them and form them into two large lines. I was expecting the normal upper feelings with the unique provigil intoxicated high that comes along.

However, after my first line, the effects were immediate. I all of a sudden became heavily intoxicated yet almost clear at the same time. I sprawled myself on the floor where I could tell that sight and sound was amplified but somewhat unimportant to me. I then daringly snorted the next line which gave the same immediate feeling. From then on stuff began to get a little blurry, but I remember trying my hardest to have a normal conversation, but all I could focus on was the way my own voice sounded. It was almost as if I was hearing my voice echo. The experience was very enjoyable and I would definitely recommend it.

Though the experience sounds very hallucinagenic, I believe that the unique feelings were just due to the strange combining effects of the drowsy intoxication of alcohol and the high of provigil.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38043