Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Better Feeling Than Just Being Drunk
Absinthe
by anonymous
Citation:   anonymous. "Better Feeling Than Just Being Drunk: An Experience with Absinthe (exp37951)". Erowid.org. Mar 26, 2018. erowid.org/exp/37951

6 oz oral Absinthe (liquid)

An Encounter with Hill's Absinth

One night, my two friends and I decided to each pitch in $30 (Canadian) and drive down to the LCBO to get a 26 oz bottle of Hill's Absinth. It has a low thujone content, roughly 10ppm, but it's the best one can get around here without making any special orders. When we got back to our dorm, we prepared the drink in it's ritual-like way. The mix consisted of 1 oz Hill's Absinth, 1 0z of water, and a sugar cube (each drink ended up being just slightly over 2 oz). I had 6 of these drinks in about 45 minutes. Since Hill's is 70% alcohol (or 140 proof), I was fairly drunk, but it wasn't an ordinary feeling of being drunk. I felt like being more social and my thoughts seemed very clear. I didn't hallucinate as a lot of myths would suggest, but it was a better feeling than just being drunk. The feeling is very subtle, but it is a great feeling. I would recommend this drink to anyone who can afford it.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 37951
Published: Mar 26, 2018Views: 300
Absinthe (4) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)