Donate During Erowid's Support-a-thon!
Each September, we ask YOU to support reliable drug information and
help us reach a new high for the number of donations in a single month.
This year our goal is 1,249. [see progress]
We still need 679 donations ($5+) by the end of September!

Donate by Bitcoin
Disappointed
Amanita muscaria
by l4n
Citation:   l4n. "Disappointed: An Experience with Amanita muscaria (exp37736)". Erowid.org. Oct 29, 2004. erowid.org/exp/37736

oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (tea)

This past winter, after performing some research on the Amanita M, reading online articles, books from local libraries, joining a local mycology association, participating in mycology hikes with mycologists, I found some Amanita M. while searching for them. Unfortunately, after researching, finding, preparing and having consumed them for the first time, I have disappointedly, not yet been able to experience them properly.

I am not sure if I prepared them correctly and or what I should experience in the initial phases of consuming these types of mushrooms. I am disappointed and do not know why I experienced what I did and how, if any way, I can avoid the sensation I obtained.

My mushroom preparation technique:

I dried them out with heat lamps and an oven, at a low temperature, which dried them thoroughly. I then inserted them in plastic bags and then placed them in the freezer for a couple of months.

My consumption technique:

I briefly boiled the Amanita in water at low temperature and included the contents with tea. The teacup was a large recycled and cleaned spaghetti sauce glass bottle. I then consumed the tea over a one-two hour time frame.

Result:

First experience

Only experienced noticeable sweating approximately one hour after consumption of about half the full glass, which contained what I assume to have been enough Amanita M. to experience an objective, sought after experience.

Second Experience

Experienced significant sweating approximately one hour after consumption of about one full glass, which contained what I assume to definitely have been enough Amanita M. to experience an objective, sought after experience. Further experienced the cold and hot sweating experience that one sometimes encounters just prior to obtaining the flu. As I felt like I was starting to contract the flue bug and could not become warm, I drove to my local gym to sit in the spa and sauna. The odd sensation subsided after about two hours.

What am I doing wrong. If this sweating sensation is a mandatory sensation that one must experience to achieve greater results, I think it is recommended that one only consume this meal during the summer and or at a spa.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 37736
Published: Oct 29, 2004Views: 19,312
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Unknown Context (20), Preparation / Recipes (30)