I Feel Fast
Amphetamine (Adderall XR) & Atomoxetine (Strattera)
by Joshua
Citation:   Joshua. "I Feel Fast: An Experience with Amphetamine (Adderall XR) & Atomoxetine (Strattera) (exp37453)". Erowid.org. Jan 3, 2005. erowid.org/exp/37453

10 mg insufflated Amphetamines (ground / crushed)
  5.0 mg insufflated Pharms - Atomoxetine (ground / crushed)

Theory: Amphetamines such as Adderall operate on the Norepinephrine neurotransmitters. Strattera is a relatively new Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor. Reuptake inhibitors reduce signal termination between the neurons. The theory goes that if the amphetamine is causing a release of Norepinephrine and the Strattera is reducing signal termination, then it will greatly enhance the effects of the Adderall. Note: MAOI medications are contraindicated with Adderall use.

Preparation and Use: I emptied 10mg Adderall XR into a folded piece of paper and ground with a weight to a powder, with no beads left over. Adderall XR contains small beads. The substance I want is inside the time-released coating on the outside of the bead which I don't believe can even be absorbed in the nose. I emptied the ground Adderall onto a mirror. I also emptied a 60mg capsule of Strattera onto the mirror away from the Adderall. Estimating, I remove about half of the amount of Adderall of Strattera (A 2:1 ratio of Adderall to Strattera) and mix it up. I formed it into a line with a card and snorted it. Snorting this stuff as far more effective than oral ingestion.

Notice: The Strattera caused a moderate burning sensation in the nose. It only lasts for a minute or two. I personally experience some clear, allergy-like snot in my nose after the burning subsides. It's not bad, and goes away in about five to ten minutes. I don't think someone should add Strattera to the mixture until they've experienced snorting less intense things first such as Adderall alone.

Experience: Well, what can I say? The best way I can describe the feeling of the combination is that I feel fast. I feel like I can do anything at the speed of light, and that I'm only limited by my physical constraints. At first, I may talk really fast and not even realize it. It's like I have infinite energy. The euphoric feeling of Adderall is similar to a constant small adrenaline rush. I'll concentrate on pretty much anything that you think about. However, it's a double-edged sword. I can concentrate better, but I can only concentrate on that one thing very hard. Everything else is blurred out mentally. It becomes hard to answer people's questions because I'm concentrating so hard on what they say that I don't remember to answer the question. It can be frustrating at times to not be able to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. Depending on the time of day I do it, it may cause insomnia until the effects wear off.

Duration: Peak effects in about 10-15 minutes, peak effects last about 30 minutes to an hour. Total effects (Mainly concentration) last anywhere from 4-6 hours, though it's not nearly as intense as described above. The intense concentration wears off in about an hour.

Please note, Adderall is a stimulant and it is addictive when abused. Use caution and common sense when experimenting with addictive drugs.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 37453
Published: Jan 3, 2005Views: 77,023
Amphetamines (6), Pharms - Atomoxetine (316) : Combinations (3), Unknown Context (20)