Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Dance or Die!
AMT
by drhoody
Citation:   drhoody. "Dance or Die!: An Experience with AMT (exp3638)". Erowid.org. Dec 25, 2001. erowid.org/exp/3638

50 mg insufflated AMT (powder / crystals)

My one and only experience with AMT was intense. I had gone to a party the night before and had ingested approximately 180 mg of MDMA. I do not know if this affected my trip at all.

We ingested the AMT intranasally as opposed to swallowing it. The stuff smelled like the nastiest Detroit warehouse I have ever partied in (like bumping something off the floor of the back of the Packard Plant).

Right after bumping, we went to an ancient Indian Burial site which set the trip off, way off. I felt like I had eaten half a ten strip and an eighth of mushrooms. I had the overwhelming feeling that we had all been to this place before, even though I had never even been in that state before. Visuals kicked in, everything looking colorful and fuzzy. There was a dark archaic feeling hanging over me. The overwhelming feeling was that of the ancient alien DMT experience.

The later it became, the harder I started tripping. About three hours after ingesting, I felt as though I had taken a ten strip and a quarter of mushrooms. I kept fading in and out of reality, losing time, and having difficulty in communicating with those NOT on the drug. I do not recall a problem communicating with those also tripping.

We headed back to my friend's apartment and sweet, pounding techno delivered me from the self-colored Hell into which I was descending. I started dancing. I discovered that if I was up and moving that I felt very speedy, not as trippy, like I was methed out. If I sat down, I felt myself being pulled back to that alien nether-space. I danced and danced and danced.

Eventually everyone went to bed. I could not (as usual, I am ALWAYS the last one to bed). I paced and paced, and thought and thought. It once again felt more trippy than methy. Eventually, I tried laying down. I realized I could not go to sleep because my brain was physically shaking, MAKING A LOUD RATTLING SOUND!!! I know hallucinations, and this was no hallucination. I did not end up going to sleep until 4 am the following night. That was an entire weekend of no sleep. I would say the effects lasted a total of . . . hmmm, at least 16-18 hours.

While I probably will not take AMT again (well maybe orally, just to see). Just one more vehicle of neurochemicalmetareprogramming to drive our people over the edge.

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 3638
Published: Dec 25, 2001Views: 8,023
AMT (7) : General (1), Various (28)