Have you had an experience with
Peyote, San Pedro, or Synthetic Mescaline?
Help our researcher friends at Maastricht University and...
Take this Survey!
Not Sure What Went Wrong
Sceletium tortuosum
by jkhdsfa
Citation:   jkhdsfa. "Not Sure What Went Wrong: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp36298)". Erowid.org. Oct 23, 2015. erowid.org/exp/36298

500 mg oral Sceletium tortuosum (dried)
  T+ 1:00   sublingual Sceletium tortuosum (dried)
  T+ 1:06 300 mg oral Sceletium tortuosum (dried)

I recently obtained a bag of Sceletium tortuosum at a local head shop. The kanna is ground up pretty fine. I have tried mixing it with weed and liked the combination but I wanted to try it on its own. I figured I would wait until everyone had gone to sleep and then take some.

1:45am - washed the kanna down in a glass of grape juice
2:25am - possibly feeling minor effects...I think it's probably placebo though. I think it might be time to make a trip to the bathroom soon.
2:45am - it's been an hour and I'm not feeling anything too special. Time to take some more.
2:50am - grabbed a generous pinch out of the bag and put it under my tongue. I'm letting it disolve, the taste is rather bitter.
2:55am - alright fuck it, I'm going to dump the rest of this bag (roughly 300mg) in my glass and wash it down with some water. It tastes awful, not unbearable but not good at all. I think the flavor has been affected by some yopo I was storing with the kanna. I just heated it up and grinded it up today so the aroma of it is quite strong.

4:00am - ok I think I'm just going to give up on this. I'm not feeling anything really so I'm just going to go to bed.
4:20am - lying in my bed I notice the patterns of the wood grain on my walls are melding together and forming patterns.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 36298
Published: Oct 23, 2015Views: 3,143
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : First Times (2), Alone (16)