It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Smoking Morphine
Opium
by Johnny Blaze
Citation:   Johnny Blaze. "Smoking Morphine: An Experience with Opium (ID 3628)". Erowid.org. Nov 20, 2000. erowid.org/exp/3628

DOSE: 55 mg oral Morphine (pill / tablet)
  110 mg smoked Morphine (powder / crystals)

My brother told me to try smoking morphine one night. I had 1.5 110 mg pills that my friend gave me, so what the hell. I ate the half pill, and I crushed up the full pill (not very finely) and sprinkled half of it in a glass pipe half packed with weed, then I packed the bowl to the top and sprinkled the rest on it. To my surprise it smoked, smelled and tasted JUST LIKE opium! I smoked with 2 other people, and the one bowl lasted for 15 minutes, no joke. About 10 minutes later I was so doped up, I couldn't talk right. The high was like opium, but with more of a sedative type feeling. The weed high wore off after about an hour, but the morphine, smacked out feeling, lasted until I went to sleep (really the morphine put me to sleep). I got a great night's sleep and woke up the next morning feeling very apathetic and lazy, but other than that, everything about smoking morphine is great. Words of advice: If you are going to do morphine (at least in pill form), make SURE you have a decent amount of food in your stomach when you take it or you will yack your guts up! I recommend some kind of dairy product.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 3628