More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Pleasant Mellow Effect
Hops
by Murph987
Citation:   Murph987. "Pleasant Mellow Effect: An Experience with Hops (exp36115)". Erowid.org. Jan 25, 2007. erowid.org/exp/36115

1 cig. smoked Hops (plant material)

I happend to procure whilst walking with my hound a small amount of wild growing hops, it was quiet young and the flowers were not yet quite developed only about a third of thier usual size. I dried the said hops in the sunlight.

As a test I took three leaves and four flowers and broke these up into a mixture and size affordable to rolling a herbal smoke. After rolling my herbal smoke I walked along the road in the evening air with my dog, smoking my hop cigarette - the taste was bitter but not unpalatable at first there was no noticable effect but on returning home I noticed that I was experiencing a pleasant mellow affect, I will say at this point if you are a serious cannabis smoker you will get no effect at all due to the strength of cannabis, but if you smoke occasionally you will find that you get a mellow all is well with the world, universe and God.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 36115
Published: Jan 25, 2007Views: 23,906
Hops (252) : Alone (16), First Times (2), General (1)