Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Becoming The Center
TMA-2 & 5-MeO-DMT
by Joe Mike Bob
Citation:   Joe Mike Bob. "Becoming The Center: An Experience with TMA-2 & 5-MeO-DMT (exp36108)". Erowid.org. Sep 27, 2004. erowid.org/exp/36108

50 mg oral TMA-2 (capsule)
  T+ 3:05 12 mg insufflated 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)
  T+ 5:05 12 oz oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

All chemicals were measured using a calibrated analytical balance. I had not eaten in roughly 10 hours upon performing this experiment. Setting, my home, alone with a random mix of music, mostly ambient and classical.

T+0 (6:25 pm) ingested a capsule containing 50mg of TMA-2. I consumed two more glasses of water because I like to be very hydrated when I try new substances. Also knowing I was going to mix this with 5-Meo-DMT I had no idea how long it would glue me to my couch.

T+ 30 minutes (6:55pm) Experiencing mild pupil dilation, some light breathing and moving of objects, very subtle. I only notice things moving when I stare and meditate on them.

T+45 minutes (7:10pm) Mild body stimulation, Iím not a big phenthylamine fan so I canít say itís like MDA or MDE, but it was rather pleasant, not really a load, just relaxing and feel good.

T+1 hour (7:25pm) Increased sensory stimulation. Mild body load at this point I decide to take a hot shower, which feels great. Toweling off afterwards feels like work, this is where the lethargy seems to set in.

T+1 hour 15 minutes (7:40pm) I realize Iím in for a hell of a ride, the computer screen is breathing. The mouse pointer makes huge trails, yet somehow I have the clarity to type, not terribly well mind you, but I still have a somewhat clear train of thought. Pupils are massively dilated at this point.

T+1 hour 45 minutes (8:10pm) Music seems to be quite relaxing, so I lay down on the couch and chill out to some underworld and try to go to ayahausca land, just wander around in my head. For some reason CEVís are very kaleidoscopic, and I keep seeing things in patterns of 8, mostly octagonal in shape and form, very flowing. Strange rushes are pulsing thru my body along with the music; itís like watching a feeling or thought happen.

T+2 hours 5 minutes (8:30pm) Some GMS comes on, so I get up off the couch and see if this stuff can flow, can it be danced with. Seems to be a definitive no, but the OEVís are going nuts now, the floor is a giant kaleidoscope. Still not really what Iím looking for, I donít want to see things, I have grown bored of that, I want to become the visual, the auditory, melt into pure energy.

T+3 hours 5 minutes (9:30pm) The last hour has been pretty uneventful, Iím not terribly happy with the substance alone and decide it needs a kick in the head to take me where I want to be. I do a quick music check to make sure nothing crappy will come on during my zoom. The play list looks good so I sit down on the couch and sniff, sniff. Take a sip of water and lay back prepared to die.

T+4 hours 5 minutes (10:30pm) The last hour was not an hour, it was eternity. My mind expanded and collapsed infinitely. I was the energy, the breath, the sound of light. I got a wonderful glimpse of what it is like to be the center of the universe, the reference point around which everything turns, it was quite strenuous, but I have a lot of experience with 5-Meo-DMT so I rather enjoyed the ego shattering, but that is what I love, thereís nothing like being reborn.Perhaps next time I will go with 20mgs.

T+5 hours and 5 minutes (11:30pm) A report I read recommended a few beers on the down trip, so I crack a fat tire, eat some caramel chewy granola bars and go browse are online and chat with some friends.

Extensions and commentary: Overall TMA-2 seems like a worthless and empty substance by itself. Unless you just like to sit and watch the wall breath, perhaps it would be more interesting in a social situation, but I have no local psychonaut friends as of yet, being that I just moved.

TMA-2 reacted wonderfully well with the 5-MeO-DMT, that is if your idea of ďwellĒ is crushing your ego, thatís what I love. I tried a little astral projection while on the combination and it took me to some rather intense places, and I was taught many a lesson. I would say the combination is worth trying, perhaps in the future I will mix some ayahausca with it since supposedly mimosa is orally active with no MAOI, I think that could be a fun discovery, because I have never liked mixing ayahausca with other substances because of all the MAOI precautions. Remember, just hold still, donít talk simply listen, and breathe loveÖ

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 36108
Published: Sep 27, 2004Views: 12,442
TMA-2 (112), 5-MeO-DMT (58) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)